Saturday, March 28, 2009

Maine, NH, Mass Down...


Chris and I have made terrific time thus far. Our calculations have us arriving in Niagara falls in time to take some sexy day lit pictures for our legion of blog readers. I have not been to the falls since I was 3 so I'm really looking forward to re-experiencing their majestic beauty.

As I write I'm sitting in a "historic" rest stop in Utica, NY. We didn't stop for the "history" that happened here, rather it is likely the last vestige where we can buy gas before we ran completely out and thought it might be able to devour a couple of quarter pounders at the Mickey D's before everyone decided it was time for lunch.

Saying good bye to my dad this morning was tough, and heading over the fog covered Piscatiqua River Bridge into New Hampshire was also pretty sad because that's the last we'll see of Maine for a while. I may be shedding some tears for the place I will always consider my home, but my liver says good riddance.

1 comment:

  1. Had I known you were stopping in Utica, I could have given you a brief intro on the great history that is everywhere in that area. First, I was born there. Second, I have eaten at that very McDonald's more than 100 times. And boy the scandal that erupted when they opened the Wendy's right next door...

    Enough stories. Enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete