Monday, March 23, 2009

Going Away Bash


Saturday night kicked off 2 weeks of festivities that will ultimately lead to the door step of my new home. My first mate for the cross country roadie, Chris, and our buddy Ben threw a sensational party for me which began with dinner at Bull Feeney's. The crab stuffed haddock is a dish I highly recommend. After dinner and a few drinks the real party started, I was given a bag that contained a cornucopia of dollar store items, a t-shirt with my face on it, and my personal favorite, underwear with my grill plastered to the front.

Chris and Ben ended up developing a check list that looked somewhat like this...

Car Bomb at Feeney's
Jell-o Shot at Foreplay
Chug a beer at 3 Dollar Dewey's
Tequila Shot at Oasis
PBR at Amigos
Give Wally's # to a random chick
Bonus: Give directions to his house
Jagerbombs after midnight
Pizza at Bills

Everyone was handed a piece of paper with the list on it and for good measure the checklist was printed on the back of my new t-shirt, most people were really excited to get to work on it.

The night was certainly eventful...The blow-up Monkey that has become a fixture at so many of our parties the past few years went crowd surfing at Foreplay. A guy with a mohawk tried to give me a weggie at 3 Dollar 's (thanks Megs and Ana). The shot of tequila was totally unnecessary. People were throwing darts at a picture of me at Amigos. Then we ended up at the Cactus Club, that place is a dark moist crevice on the Portland Bar scene. When I walked up to the door a gentleman leaving that bar puked in his own hands, that was an omen of the atrocity to come. Soon after taking our Jagerbomb shots, the 3 toothed pole dancers that work there started violating the Island Monkey. Doing dirty deeds with him until one of the patrons got insanely jealous ripped the monkey off the bar and popped him. We got over it in time for Bill's and Chris has since patched up our friend. But he'll never be quite the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment