Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Because its the Grand Canyon!


So the original plan was for Chris and I to drive to the Grand Canyon then up to Zion in Utah and spend the night. That all changed about 30 seconds after we arrived at the G.C. It is awesome! To say the pictures don't give it justice is more than an understatement, I think it was on the stone tablets that God gave Moses "Thou shalt not make light of the majesty of the G.C." Seriously though, viewing it for a couple hours before making our way to Utah simply would not be the right thing to do. So here we are in Grand Canyon, Arizona awaiting the sunrise so we can head down and get some hiking in. If I wasn't so tired the anticipation would be maddening.

Getting pulled over sucks, getting a ticket in a state I've never been to makes me feel like an awfully bad boy. Cops can be terribly unfair at times especially officer #5920 with the Arizona Highway Patrol. I tried showing him some cleave, but 5920 wasn't having it...at least he didn't try to haul me off to jail, usually with my luck that's exactly what would have happened. I'm accepting donations from anyboy who reads this and takes pity, please make your check payable to the State of Arizona in care of the coolest out of work radio newsman in the world, Award Winning Journalist Brian Pelletier.

On a happier note we'll be entering California for the first time tomorrow. The plan is to find a place warm enough to camp, but cold enough for snuggling. Ha! Before that and afer the hike, we'll be hitting up the Hoover Dam and Vegas. Should be a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment