Saturday, April 4, 2009

Monkey's Away!



Day 1 in San Francisco, The Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tam, and out to the Haight after grabbing Noreen and Ben at the Airport mid afternoon. Luckily we had a perfect sunny day to see the GGB and to drive up and hike the mountain to experience majestic views of the city. Its great having 3 of my best friends visiting my first weekend in SF. I like playing tour guide in my new home and encourage everyone to look me up when they're in town. My cousin Brenda from Michigan will tell you I'm a pretty bitchin' tour guide. I have fond memories of dragging her all over Maine, with her at the wheel, before I had my drivers license.

Club Deluxe is a jazz club with cool music, a bar tender with a killer mostache, and Mojitos that will get you to the altered state of mind you seek in a delicious kind of way. After the club Ben, Chris, and I had a fellas night cap at Hotel Utah, a dive bar down the street. We arrived home shortly before 2am, broke out the flying monkey and decided it would be a great idea to fling him around the apartment at each other, while Candace, Noreen, and Sheridan (Candace's roommate)tried to get some sleep. That alone coupled with the sound of 3 grown men giggling made a ton of noise, but add in the fact that the monkey makes a loud screeching sound when you sling shot him into the air and it must have sounded like a marching band came over for a middle of the night parade through the living room. I still don't understand how the ladies slept through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment