Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Friends Gone, Time to Recover


-
Sunday we caught the final pre-season game between the Dodgers and Giants at the ballpark across the street. A 3-1 victory. The game was fast paced, the garlic fries were fantastic, and I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing many games this season. I've never dreamed of living this close to a major league ballpark. Wish it was Fenway!

Yesterday we took Noreen on the "Full House" tour of San Francisco then went to the beach, and on to Muir Woods to see some big ass Red Wood Trees. I've seen them before, but they are still as impressive as my first visit. I think Chris and Ben were equally awed by the massive size of the giant sequoias. No uncomfortably tense moments with strangers yesterday which is a good thing because my 3 d-bag friends are now on their flight home while I'm stuck trying to learn the ropes in my new city. The last thing I need is a jacked Australian dude in a wife beater pounding me to smitherines because Ben tells him to "be a man!"

Another thing that I hope doesn't turn into a pattern here is the way the Thai food place around the corner boxes up meals. I had about 1/3 of a plate left at dinner last night and I asked to waiter to box it for me. He only boxed the rice...Where the hell are my chicken and veggies? As delicious as plain brown rice is, I'd be much happier with a little sauce to help it slide down.

No comments:

Post a Comment